Software providers are crucial for the existence and thriving of any gambling website. That’s because not only do they develop the games we all know and love to play, but they also provide a wide variety of solutions and support channels to ensure the proper functioning of the casinos. Basically, these providers are companies that create games and other types of software that can be used by casino operators as the basis for their online establishments. Thus, we can even say that they are one of the fundamental bricks of the online gambling industry. When you’re looking for an online casino to play at, you should always pay attention to the software developers they collaborate with. A high-quality, renowned brand will always be an indicator of high standards.
That being said, we will be taking a look at some of the world’s most popular casino software providers below!
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR CASINO SOFTWARE PROVIDERS
With worldwide reach and countless satisfied fans, Betsoft is definitely worthy of opening our list of highly acclaimed software providers. If we were to pick two words to describe them, we would go for entertaining and dedicated. That’s because they employ an entire “army” of professionals to deliver the best content for casino operators and their players.
Slots3™: Undoubtedly the most popular Betsoft games are their 3D video slots, which feature polished, beautiful graphics, unique themes, and interactive features. In fact, you might already be familiar with some of their titles, like Alkemor’s Tower, Fruit Zen, Who Spun It?, or Good Girl Bad Girl.
Table Games: The studio designs its fair share of titles from this category as well, for those who aren’t so big on slots. This means you will be able to experience the Betsoft quality with variants of Roulette, Poker, and Blackjack. They haven’t forgotten about baccarat and craps either!
Video Poker: If poker’s your thing, but you’d like some extra bling, Betsoft has you covered with their extensive collection of colorful and fun video poker games. With over 20 different variants to choose from, you’ll definitely find something to enjoy!
BETSOFT & INNOVATION
- Betsoft To Go™: To keep up the pace with the ever-growing demand for mobile-accessible casino games, Betsoft has redesigned the Slots3™ collection, making it perfect for smaller screens and compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. To see the result, check out the official presentation video for Sushi Bar ToGo™:
- Shift™: The innovative platform helps Betsoft deliver cross-platform compatible games, relying on HTML5 to deliver games that work just as fine on both PC and mobile devices, without losing quality.
- Vault™: Aimed at solving slow internet issues, Vault™ is a downloadable platform that helps both desktop and mobile users play their favorite titles as part of a native application instead of through a web interface.
“Better Gaming Begins Right Here”. Net Entertainment’s dedication towards quality and innovation truly shines through their motto. With an experience of over 20 years on the market, NetEnt has made customers happy across 5 continents. The company continues to grow and produce state-of-the-art games.
NETENT: BETTER GAMING
Branded Games: If you like blasting good music during your gaming sessions, Netent has prepared some great titles which combine the two, with amazing results. Titles such as Guns n Roses and Motorhead are perfect examples. If instead, you’d like to see characters from your favorite shows on the reels, you can go for Narcos or Vikings!
Live Dealer: The quality of NetEnt’s live dealer games is unparalleled. Compatible with both desktop and mobile devices, they accurately emulate the atmosphere of brick-and-mortar casinos for an immersive and fun experience! The video below will provide you with insight into how much effort and passion NetEnt puts into delivering the best live casino experience to its players:
GET LUCKY WITH NETENT
- Impressive Jackpots: Over the years, NetEnt’s Mega Fortune managed to make its fair share of millionaires. The largest sum ever paid was of almost €18 million back in 2013! Life-changing payouts are not uncommon with Net Entertainment, and there are many progressive slots titles to try your luck at, such as Hall of Gods.
- Bonus Offers: Who doesn’t love freebies which can result in extra winnings? And when it comes to NetEnt, online casinos just love rewarding their players with bonuses for the provider’s titles. This means you get to enjoy games of the highest quality for free and keep what you win once you’re done!
If you’re from the United States or Asia, you’re most likely familiar with Realtime Gaming’s games by now. That is because RTG is one of the main providers for the USA market, alongside Betsoft. The company has come a long way since its founding in 1998, and the progress can be observed in their work, as their games’ design and features greatly improved over time. RTG has a complete portfolio of both casino game types that you can read about below:
RTG GAME LIBRARY
Slot Machines: You’ll notice that most of Realtime Gaming’s creations hold onto that old-times vibe, with a more simplified design and unique art style. Furthermore, the studio draws inspiration from various sources, such as history (Caesar’s Empire, Cleopatra’s Gold), stories (Aladdin’s Wishes), and even American pop culture (The Big Bopper). In fact, you can read more about RTG’s popular slots in our dedicated article.
Specialty Games: RTG does not design only slots, but it also offers a variety of table games such as roulette, baccarat, poker, or blackjack. That’s not all, though, as the studio likes to experiment with game formats and has designed unique products such as Banana Jones or Fish Catch.
REALTIME GAMING & PROGRESS
- Auto-Play: This feature was added by RTG to allow you to take a break from clicking, stand back, and watch the game do the hard work for you. Auto-play also comes in handy when you want to take that sandwich break, but don’t want to stop the reels from spinning!
- Mini Display: With this feature, you don’t have to pick between your favorites anymore, as the company designed a miniscreen which allows two games to be played at the same time!
- Small Sized Games: No, we’re not talking about the actual size of the game, but about the fact that RTG games are optimized to take as little memory space as possible. Not only does this mean you’ll download them in no time without losing quality, but you can also easily play them on your desktop’s browser, as well as on iOS and Android devices.
Online gambling as we know it would not be the same without Microgaming. That’s because, when the company was established in 1994, it was the first online casino software. Ten years later, they also pioneered mobile gambling! Microgaming has a lot of accomplishments, and we’ll be taking a look at them below!
MICROGAMING. PATH OPENERS. LIFE CHANGERS
- Guinness World Records: It was the year 2015 when Microgaming obtained an official Guinness World Record holder for the largest jackpot payout in an online slot machine, which amounted to no less than €17,879,645.12! Mega Moolah was already known as a high-paying progressive slot by then and continued to change lives even afterward. If you want to know all about the jaw-breaking payouts of this game, you can read our Top 10 Biggest Online Jackpot Wins article!
- Online & Mobile Gaming: As we mentioned before, Microgaming was the first true online casino software and, years later, the first experiment with mobile gambling. They’re true risk-takers and they prove that taking chances and going where nobody has ever been before can be quite rewarding!
- eCOGRA Cofounders: Microgaming is not only about quality, but safety as well. That’s why they took part in creating eCOGRA, the leading independent agency which ensures online gaming software and systems are up to community and legal standards!
MICROGAMING GAMES PORTFOLIO
Slots: We’ve already established that slot machines designed by Microgaming pay, and they pay big! What’s even better is that they’re beautifully designed, both visually and features-wise, and are based on some really interesting concepts. Shogun of Time, Fortunium, Sidewinder, and Electric Diva are games that pack a lot of action and refreshing designs! To see what we’re talking about, check out the trailer for Shogun Of Time below:
Table Games: Of course these could not be missing from Microgaming’s library, and, just like their competitors, the studio has come up with its own take on the classical concepts of poker, roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and even three cards rummy.
A true veteran in the gambling world, IGT, or International Game Technology, has been around ever since 1974. Working with both land-based and online casinos, International Game Technology has built quite a reputation for itself as a reliable and high-quality software provider.
IGT. GLOBAL INNOVATION
- Worldwide Reach: IGT supplies casino operators from over 100 countries across six continents, which makes it one of the developers with the widest reach. In order to provide safe and reliable solutions, it collaborates with local regulators, thus creating a worldwide gambling network.
- Mobile Solutions: This time, we’re not discussing mobile compatibility alone. In fact, IGT’s support goes far beyond that, providing solutions for lottery, SMS games, and mobile marketing, all these besides mobile-compatible online casino games.
- Rich Portfolio: From slots and table games to video poker and bingo, there are many types of casino games to be discovered in IGT’s library. The collection counts over 600 titles that cover a wide range of game types and themes, from popular series like Family Guy or Baywatch to Ancient Egypt-inspired slots like Cleopatra and Pharaoh's Fortune. For a sample of IGT’s games, check out the presentation video for Cleopatra below:
Not only is the Estonian company a true giant in the online gambling world, but Playtech is also listed on the London Stock Exchange Main Market. That only goes to further demonstrate the worth of the software provider which supports its 140 licensees worldwide.
PLAYTECH. RELIABILITY AND VALUE
- Strength Through Diversity: While Playtech does design its own products, over time it has acquired a multitude of smaller studios such as Quickspin, Ash Gaming, and SUNFOX Games. Each of them kept their unique style even when creating under the Playtech umbrella, thus contributing to the diversity in both design and themes.
- DC Entertainment-Branded Games: In 2017, Playtech acquired rights from Warner Bros. which enable them to produce exclusive DC Entertainment inspired casino games. You’ll be able to play alongside popular characters such as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and more! Go ahead and take a peek at the Superman I slot clip below:
- Player Care: As players are the center of the online gambling industry, and Playtech knows it very well. That’s why they use BetBuddy, a platform that combines various types of cutting-edge technology to identify at-risk players. The aim is to support them and to enforce the practice of responsible gambling.
RIVAL. LET THE GAMES BEGIN. - what a better way to simultaneously invite and challenge players to try out their games? The software provider, which can be found at over 50 online casinos, including some for United States players, provides both games and management solutions for their clients.
RIVAL. CASINO SOLUTIONS AND GAMES
- i-Slots™: Rival designs over 260 titles, but the i-Slots™ truly stand out from the crowd. That is because they feature engaging storylines through which players can progress as they play. An example of such games is their As the Reels Turn mini-series, which spans 3 episodes. If you’ve always enjoyed soap operas, these are the perfect online casino slot machines for you!
- Rival Unified Lobby: This represents Rival’s take on cross-platform compatibility. Replacing Flash-based lobbies with a modern, HTML5-based one, the software provider aims to provide a more user-friendly interface, registration process and, of course, to significantly improve gaming on desktops and smart devices alike.
- Casino Controller™ & Support: Rival aims to improve players’ experience not only through games but casino solutions as well. For this reason, they have created the Casino Controller™ platform, which enables them to monitor users and casino activity, manage marketing tools and transactions and, last but not least, prevent fraud. It looks like there’s nothing the company hasn’t taken into consideration to ensure a high-quality experience for everyone!
8. PLAY'N GO
Play’n Go did not start as a software providing company. Instead, it provided tech support consultancy for major brands in the industry, accumulating experience and knowledge. Putting all that to good use, it changed its path and became a game developer on its own in 2004. Today, it caters to the European and Philippine markets.
PLAY’N GO. LEADING EDGE ENTERTAINMENT
- Art And Casino Games: Each game in the Play’n Go library is proof of the studio’s craftsmanship. Just by browsing their library you’ll notice a variety of art styles, one more appealing than the other, but that’s not all. Each title is packed with plenty of engaging features, which will keep you spinning for hours! To get a taste of the action, follow Rich Wilde in his new adventure, for the Tome of Madness by watching the clip below:
- Multi-Channel Gaming: Play’n Go games support full HD, so you’ll be able to experience every one of the carefully-designed details. Furthermore, they are dynamically scalable, which means that you’ll enjoy the same quality while playing either on your desktop or on your mobile/tablet. The titles, which can be either slots, table games, video poker, bingo, and others work on Android, iOS, Blackberry OS and Windows Phone.
- Integrated Casino Solutions: The GAT Casino Platform enables casinos to offer their players access to the latest gaming providers, one single wallet across channels, player tracking, bonus offers management and many other tools. This enables operators to properly take care of their community’s needs while providing a safe and friendly gambling environment.
9. SCIENTIFIC GAMES
Scientific Games has been around for over 40 years, during which they’ve built a reputation with over 300 satisfied customers both online and offline. In fact, they’re based in Las Vegas, so it’s no wonder they’re so good at what they do. The gambling solutions provided by Scientific Games go beyond the mainstream games we see in online casinos today, with a focus on the lottery.
SCIENTIFIC GAMES. EXPERIENCE AND DEDICATION
- Lottery & Gaming: A big part of the company’s efforts go into lottery, and Scientific Games takes pride in the fact that operators from over 50 countries employ their services. However, the company designs and supports slot machines, table games, video poker, sports betting and many others, having an extensive and diversified portfolio.
- Online & Offline Gambling: With an accumulated experience of over 80 years, Scientific Games has experience with both online and offline gambling. Even today, it delivers products for land-based casinos and gambling websites alike, while supporting physical and digital lottery solutions too. Their extensive knowledge has made them a leader in the gaming industry and a complete and reliable solutions provider.
10. YGGDRASIL GAMING
You don’t have to be a veteran to make a powerful impact, and Yggdrasil Gaming is the perfect example to demonstrate this. They’ve only been around for 6 years now and we can already tell they mean business. They target Scandinavian countries especially, which is reflected in their name, which has roots in the Norse mythology.
YGGDRASIL. SUPERIOR GAMING
- Experience the Scandinavian Spirit: The majority of Yggdrasil’s portfolio is comprised of video slots which cover a wide range of themes. Their Vikings-themed series, which consists of Vikings Go To Hell, Vikings Go Bezerk, and Vikings Go Wild is, perhaps, the most illustrative example of the gaming studio’s design and innovation abilities. Each of the slots features high-quality visuals which combine with exciting and fun features for a highly engaging gambling experience.
- iSense: Aiming to provide the best experience on both desktops and mobile devices, Yggdrasil has developed the iSense platform, which relies on HTML5 to ensure its product run natively, regardless of the operating system. Therefore, whether you’re a Windows, Android, or iOS fan, you’ll still be able to enjoy all your favorite titles both at home and on the go!
SUMMARY & CONCLUSIONS
As you can see, there are numerous software providers which deliver high-end products to gamblers worldwide. That results in diversity and innovation, as all these highly creative companies are in a continuous race to design the most engaging and entertaining games and features for players. You can notice that, even if all studios produce more or less the same categories of classic casino games, each has its own style and vision, so you can choose whichever appeals to you the most. For example, if you’re from the United States, you can either go for the vintage, more simplified titles released by RTG, or for Betsoft’s 3D slots collection. Alternately, if you’re from Europe, there’s plenty of choices, from the veteran NetEnt to the newer and ascending Yggdrasil. The choice is yours!
8 Popular Casino Payment Methods any Online Gambler Should Know
Money makes the world go round, and that’s a fact we won’t argue against, not even in
- Sep 12, 2019
- 10 min read
- 2 liked
Everything You Need to Know About Live Dealer Baccarat
Baccarat is a casino card game played between two hands, that of the Player and
- Sep 06, 2019
- 10 min read
- 2 liked
Top 7 Free iOS Slots Apps in 2019
Free slots apps are a great way to engage in simulated gambling without investing any of your rea
- Aug 22, 2019
- 10 min read
- 2 liked